Welcome to Czech Republic!
Destination Czech Republic: Also known as Czechia, a landlocked country in Central Europe is bordered by Austria, Germany, Poland, and Slovakia. Population of about 10,5 million inhabitants live in a country covering 78,867 km2. Mild continental climate in a land full of agricultural fields, mountains, forests, lakes and rivers makes it very pleasant for living. Historical sites can be found spread across the country, not just in city centres. Inheritage of the famous medieval kingdom of Bohemia belongs to one of highlights when visiting Czechia. Come and immerse Yourself into atmosphere of the place where history shakes hand with modern culture, explore hidden charm of natural spots, touch spirit of the proud but hospitable nation.
Czechia is also best known for hundreds of medieval castles, tasteful cuisine, benchmark industry, koda and Tatra cars, Baa shoes, FAB lockers just to name few brands known worldwide. Czech beer is legendary; evening spent with friends and couple of mugs must be an unforgettable experience. The original Budweiser of Budvar and the Pilsner Urquell which originated and gave name for the most prevalent, pale lager type of beer, are crowns of the Czech brewery. Notable Czech people are: Milo Forman (film maker and director), Ivan Lendl (tennis player), Jaromír Jágr (NHL ice hockey legend), Franz Kafka (novelist), Sigmund Freud (founder of psychoanalysis), Antonin Dvorak (composer), Václav Havel (dissident, novelist and president), Gregor Mendel (biologist).
- Language: Czech (west Slavic group)
- Currency: koruna (CZK, Kè), average exchange rate 26 CZK/EUR
- Business hours: 09:00 18:00, shopping malls open until 21:00
- Electric outlets: 230 V / 50 Hz, plug type C/E
- Mobile network: very good coverage, major service providers are O2, T-mobile and Vodafone
- Transportation: international airports, railway networks and bus routes connect the country node Prague and other major Czech cities with many destinations in Europe and outside; Prague lies at crossing of transcontinental transportation corridors